Hiring for an Operations Manager
Want to save wild places? Northeast Wilderness Trust (Wilderness Trust) seeks a dynamic professional to serve as its full-time Operations Manager. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled individual to join a growing team of wilderness advocates and play a central role in supporting our efforts to conserve forever-wild landscapes for nature and people. The Wilderness Trust safeguards more than 35,000 acres across New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, and Connecticut and is the only regional land trust in the Northeast focused exclusively on wilderness conservation.
The Operations Manager will be an integral member of our small team and work from our Montpelier, Vermont office. Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
Operations: Support the operational infrastructure of the organization including managing office space and equipment, and all IT and business needs. Provide support to the executive director and board of directors, and manage all policies and procedures.
Human Resources: Provide all HR activities including time tracking, payroll reporting, benefits administration, and staff recruitment and onboarding procedures.
Bookkeeping and Finance: Manage all financial activities of the organization including bookkeeping, AP, AR, and financial reporting to the executive director and finance committee. Maintain all budgets including annual and project budgets. Manage annual audit process, and all required Federal and state filings.
Required Education and Skills:
- Energetic, self-motivated team player who thrives on accomplishing goals, getting results, and improving the organization’s bottom line
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented work office environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately and with discretion
- Proficient with QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience with donor management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work outside of your job description and work collaboratively with the team on changing priorities and a variety of projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a small staff
Benefits Offered by Northeast Wilderness Trust: The Wilderness Trust offers a range of benefits including health care; 401k plan; paid time off and sick leave; short-term leave; professional development opportunities; and sabbatical leave. Salary hiring range is $48,000-$53,000.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with three professional references as a single combined PDF file to Cathleen Maine at . Application deadline is April 15, 2020.